Monday, December 31, 2007

Sculpture




These two sculptures are the latest from the studio. The one on top came back to Toquerville the other day having spent some time in Kansas at a National Show at the Lawrence Art Center. It won Best of Show. The one below went to the College of the Ozarks where I was invited to do a two day workshop in conjunction with a show at the campus gallery. I sent several pieces including pottery and sculpture and tile. As usual, I finished the one on the right just in time and I think it's one of my best. Anyway, I planned to keep it because I liked it so much but it was purchased from the show. It's hard to pass up money sometimes. The good news is I know the new owner so I might visit it again sometime.

2 comments:

Sabrosa Cycles said...

I dig the top piece. Very disturbing, but I think that was the emotion that you were trying to evoke. Amazing detail work.
How goes it on the bicycle tiles? I need to drop by for a visit.

Russell said...

I'm making new sculpture, dogs, dumbells, turtles and monkeys, which is getting in the way of tile glazing. I have in the last hour glazed several bike tiles. Thanks for the note