Wednesday, July 22, 2009


We unloaded the kiln last Saturday and I finally had time to take pictures yesterday.

I made a series of canisters/jars for this last firing and for the first few I made the typical round flat rim. Then about 2/3rds through the series, I came up with the idea to cut the rim and and simplify the body.

The lid handle is made by throwing a long ribbed tube that I cut off the hump and fold over onto itself. The ribs then distort into an intersting shape.

These three were the most successful out of the series. I'm going to make more to see how I can exploit the more successful aspects of the these pieces.

No comments: