Sunday, June 14, 2009

Teaching Again





















After grad. school and before we moved here, we lived in Denver. I taught adjunct ceramics at three different colleges there. When we moved here I gave up my teaching aspirations, and for the last 8 years, I've been a studio artist and part time bus driver to varying degrees of financial success.
Then 8 months ago the economy crashed and I panicked.
I called Susan Harris that teaches at Southern Utah University in Cedar City to see if there were any teaching opportunities and, if there were, I'd like to teach 3D Design. There were two classes available and I took them both. My initial interest in teaching again was financial, but it didn't take long for me to remember how intellectually stimulating academics is.
These wire projects were rendered by my 3D Design students from last semester. I found them to be very intriguing and amusing.

No comments: