Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zion National Park Shuttle


When we first moved here from Denver, I got a job baking bread, driving school bus and finally Lori read a job announcment in the paper for shuttle drivers for Zion National Park. We filled out the ap. and sent it in. I interviewed and got the job. Eight years ago, I started as a full time driver and three season's ago I went part time. This summer, I drive two days a week as my focus is the ceramics studio. This has been a great job and the folks I work with and for are easy to get along with. The job is seasonal and part time, so I get plenty of time in the studio and make a few dollars to help pay the bills. Plus, I get to look at the beautiful landscape all day and hang out with passengers that are on vacation.
I met these two ladies several years ago while driving the shuttle and they return each year from Florida. I just happened to see them today waiting to catch the shuttle from the Lodge to the Temple of Siniwava. It's fun to meet and see folks that return each year.








No comments: