Friday, July 2, 2010

Red Lodge Clay Center

Here are three sculptures I've been working on here at the Red Lodge Clay Center in Montana. The family and I have been here for three weeks as I'm enjoying a short term residency. This is a wonderful place to make work and to be around other artists that have similar interests and give me a creative boost. Along with the studio facility there is a gallery in the center of town that represents world class artists. I am inspired by the unique artistic voices that are on display here. Roaming around the gallery and holding pottery by artists for the first time that I have admired for years is a humbling experience.  I'll return home with three new pieces and enough ideas to last for some time.
The plate is made by Emily Free Wilson, one of the artists represented at Red Lodge Clay Center Gallery. It is now in our collection. Love it.

1 comment:

FetishGhost said...

Having full run of the studios there has gotta be a lot of fun... Post more pictures Russell!