Monday, April 27, 2009

Upcoming Mother's Day Sale
































We are filling our shelves with handmade pottery and jewelry in anticipation of our Mother's Day Sale on Saturday and Sunday, May 9-10, 2009 from 11-4 both days. The sale will take place in Toquerville at our gallery and studio. There is a map on the right hand side of your screen for directions.



This year we have the work of myself, Danny Crump and Noel Logan. Danny Crump was our first artist in residence in Toquerville. He worked and lived in our 1950's camp trailer for two summers and sold his work out of our gallery. He has since gone on to undergraduate school in Logan, Utah at Utah State University where he just recently graduated with his B.F.A. He will have functional, wood fired pots.



Noel Logan is a sculptor who lives in Toquerville and owns Toquerville Bronze Works. He has a foundry in his backyard and has recently retired from archaeology to spend full time on his sculpture and jewelry. He sculpts his own wax molds and pours his own bronze and silver to make wonderful pieces of jewelry and unique sculpture.



I just returned from Phoenix where I participated in two sculptural shows and gave two presentations about my work. I have been busy trying to change gears and make functional pottery in my studio since I returned two weeks ago. I will have large jars and a new kiln load of functional ware on my shelves for the sale.



Lori will have homemade goodies to share throughout the two day sale so consider coming to Toquerville for the Mother's Day weekend and taking part in our handmade art sale. Local, original art...it doesn't get much better than that.








No comments: