Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Potters as Sculptors as Potters




This sculpture and pitcher were in the "Potters as Sculptors as Potters" show at NCECA. It's always an honor when my work is exhibited along side artists that I've admired for so long. I was also on a panel of the same name with 4 other artists; Donna Polseno, Doug Casebeer and Liz Quackenbush along with Jim Ibur as the moderator.

We each had 10 minutes to show slides of our work and tell about ourselves. I had a speech ready to go before we arrived on stage. Then the opening line, "I have two mistress' " entered my thoughts and so 5 minutes before I stood at the lecturn, I changed my presentation entirely. I don't remember what I said, but I feel pretty good about it. It was flattering and an honor to be on a panel with such distinguished artists.

No comments: